When I attempt a DIY it's gotta be an easy…
Hello Trend Hungry readers! I’m Melissa, a digital marketing freelancer and blogger at MelissaAlam.com, my personal website full of quirky pop culture and internet finds. I also write for two.one.five magazine in my spare time and cover different fashion events and happenings around the great city of Philadelphia!
As a self-proclaimed shopaholic always on a budget, I love a good deal. I can usually be found doing some online window-shopping, scouring section after section of my favorite websites (see below) and looking up online coupon codes for even cheaper discounts. My favorite sites to check (before and after my shopping carts are full with new things) are RetailMeNot and BradsDeals – two places that give you coupon codes and updates on different sales going on.
Check out some of my favorite, recent fashion finds for the holiday season and prepare to squeal at the sale-rack skinny prices. Don’t be surprised if you end up taking out your already overused credit card mid post either!
- LC Lauren Conrad for Kohls: Now that December has hit, it’s imperative that everyone start shopping for the perfect New Year’s dress. I’m looking for something that screams glitz and glamour…but still within a budget. Being a huge fan of the LC Lauren Conrad collection at Kohls, I had to jump for joy at her winter holiday collection. This LC Lauren Conrad embellished chiffon dress in teal empress has just enough beads, sequins, and color to bring in 2013. At just under $40 (original price $64), it’s a perfect choice for when the clock strikes midnight!
- ASOS: With a ton of gorgeous clothing and accessory options, I love the fact that you’re able to purchase a dress (with free shipping & returns) and not have to worry about every other girl wearing the same one (cough-Forever21-cough). They even carry tons of sizes from petite to plus-size dress options! This ASOS mini dress with fit & flare skirt has been marked down from $61.57 to $45.73 and comes in three colors (black, cream and red). I say go for the red one and prepare to be the center of attention at that upcoming holiday party with your friends!
- Joe Fresh: I recently saw a few items from Joe Fresh in one of my monthly fashion magazines, and I had to learn more about the brand! Their site is full of trendy items at extremely reasonable prices; the only catch is that you can only buy their items in-store at their New York, New Jersey and Long Island locations. Rumor does have it though that Joe Fresh shops will be opening up in JCPenney stores across the nation next spring! Can’t wait because items like this sequin skirt for only $39 would be a lovely little addition in my wardrobe.
- JCPenney: Speaking of JCPenney, you’d be surprised at what you can find in their racks! With brands like MNG by Mango and Nicole by Nicole Miller, you’re sure to find a pretty new dress or shirt for your closet – at a low price and most likely not ready to rip after one wear! Get this Ana high-low sequin sweater for $25 in navy blue, pair it with some skinny jeans and embellished flats and you’ll fit right in with a festive and comfy outfit for that holiday work party.
- ModCloth: One of my favorite vintage/indie websites to shop on is hands-down ModCloth. They’ve got pages and pages full of beautiful dresses, bags, and shoes, all of which leave my mouth salivating every time I log onto their site. Just in case this holiday season actually brings about some snow (hello, global warming!), I found this wool-blend Best in Burgh-undy Coat in clearance for $74.99 (originally at $149.99). With a very 1950’s-esque feminine vibe and a fun maroon color, you’ll be sure to stand out as you arrive for that annual family holiday dinner. Just be prepared for tons of compliments from Auntie Sue and Carol!
If you like these finds (or have some more ideas to help my shopaholic tendencies), feel free to tweet me at @JogaMel88! Share the savings with your friends with the hashtag #SaleRackSkinny or #SRS, and happy holidays!