Sephora is a mecca of amazement. They manage to always…
By Simone of Fashion Runs The World
In need of some new product to spruce up your beauty routine? We’ve scouted out the latest and greatest from the drugstore sure to kickstart your beauty routine into the warm temps. And like we said, all these goodies are from the drugstore so you don’t have to break the bank to snag the latest and greatest. You can get all of these products for under $15. What a wonderful way to begin to add beauty on a budget!
I love lipsticks. I think lipsticks and lip gloss can up the amp of an outfit or pull a makeup look together. It’s a must have for any fashionista or makeup connoisseur’s collection. Yet, buying a lot of lip products adds up. Even though I’m a fan of MAC, Urban Decay, Nars, and many others; too many of those names hurt my wallet over time. Thank goodness, drugstore lip products have been stepping their game up!
1. An essential before applying any type of lipstick or lip stain is a good lip moisturizer. While there are many good ones on the market, I personally think the best one is the Baby Lips by Maybelline. This lip balm that comes in six hydrating shades. After using the product for a few days, my lips became softer and moisturized. Add protection with SPF 20 infused into each balm, which makes this product a great investment in your makeup arsenal.
Tag: Maybelline Baby Lips, $2.99 @ Target.
2. Recently, Maybelline released a new addition to their color sensational family called Color Whispers. This collection offers 20 new shades that are perfect for the springtime, like Oh La Lilac, which is a beautiful light purple. These lipsticks have a glossy finish and offer lots of color selections ranging from pink to coral and everything in between.
Tag: Maybelline Color Whispers, $5.94 @ Target.
3. Okay, one more thing from the Maybelline family are the Color Sensational Vivids lip color. Unlike their counterpart (the color whispers), these lipsticks are more pigmented and brighter. The color selections for this collection are a little smaller (choosing between ten shades as oppose to 20), but the finish is still same. Their colors range from hot pink to purple and even orange. My personal favorite is the Vibrant Mandarin lip color, which is a beautiful orange-red shade that is very in this season.
Tag: Color Sensational Vivids lip color, $5.54 @ Target.
4. Lastly for the lips, this one is for all my ladies who don’t like to wear lipstick. L’Oreal has released their Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lacquer lip gloss which is more like a lip stain than a lip gloss. There are 12 shades in this collection and we like all of them (that never happens!!).
Tag: L’Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lacquer Lip gloss $7.99 @ Target.
Now that the weather is getting a little warmer outside, wearing foundation can look and feel heavy. Nobody wants to go outside when it’s sunny and hot and fear that their makeup will melt off. Good thing lots of makeup brands have come up with a solution for a light-weight foundation or cream.
5. Covergirl came out with their new 3-in-1 foundation, which acts as a primer, foundation and concealer all in one. This new foundation is having all of the beauty vloggers going crazy. This new formula eliminates piling on facial creams.
Tag: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation, $8.54 @ Target.
6. Another facial product that is good for the spring is the beauty balm or BB cream as they are referred too. One of the best ones on the market is the Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB cream. This product is an 8-in-1 skin perfector that blurs imperfections, brightens and evens skin tone, smoothes, and hydrates, enhances, protects with SPF 30, and has 0% oils and heavy ingredients in it.
Tag: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, $6.44 at Target.
7. The ombre hair trend took over last year and is staying strong. Everyone from Jessica Alba to Lea Michele is rocking the trend. Fortunately, women everywhere don’t have to run to the salon and spend $50 or more to get this look. L’Oreal Paris have added a Wild Ombre kit to their Feria collection. This kit retails for only $12 at Target and offers only three shades that work with natural or color treated hair: 080 for light to medium blonde hair, 070 for dark blonde to light brown or strawberry red hair, and 060 for medium to dark brown or auburn hair.
Tag: L’Oreal Feria Wild Ombre Hair Color, $11.99 @ Target.
You can find all of these products online or at your local drugstore. The prices may vary but almost all the brands I mentioned have coupons you can use, so you can stock up on all these wonderful products.
Quick Tip: Head to Target! Every product featured is cheaper there (hence why we listed them as each retailer!!).