Waiting and wishing for the perfect Valentine’s Day this year? I hope you’re planning on more than indulging in chocolate truffles and conversation hearts! Whether you’re coupled up or riding solo this V-Day, it’s the perfect chance to rock a cute and flirty mani! Break out your reds, pinks, hearts and sparkles, and with little creativity, you’ll have a romantic manicure that will have all your friends swooning a “Be Mine” <3!
So we all know the classic red manicure is always beautiful, but I think Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to shake things up a bit. So we searched the internet for some easy DIY’s for your digits!
1. Pink & Gold. This is similar to what Tracy Reese showed at this past NYFW. And, it’s something you can totally do free hand. Check out how Ivana Thinks Pink pulled it off! She did a video tutorial so stealing the looks is easy breezy!
2. Do Dots. To achieve dots on your digits, simply apply a base coat of red. Let your nails dry fully, then, using a a dotting tool (tooth pick or pointy Q-tip will do the trick), dip the end in a white polish (even White Out works!) and apply polka dots in any design you wish! Wait several minutes for the dots to dry to apply a clear top coat. Too cute! We found this look at Clothes, Cosmetics and Chat.
3. Seeing Pink. Check out this mani mix by Dressed Up Nails. It’s as user friendly as it gets, but still makes a statement.
4. Over-The-Moon-In-Love Mani. My personal favorite style may seem like the most intricate and challenging style, but even a nail-art newbie like myself pulled this one off with ease. The Beauty Department created this tutorial and they’re ultra fab for giving in-depth tutorials. It’s your basic half-moon mani, but with nails strips underneath instead of polish. Here’s the Trend Hungry tutorial on the half-moon mani.
Now that you’ve seen our faves, show us what you’ll be rocking this V-day! Comment and share your own marvelous manis or Instagram a pic and tag #trendhungry or @trendhungryblog!
Today I’m on PA! Live at 4pm talking gifts for the ladies in your life. I realize this site is primarily visited my females, so just treat yourself!
For the Traveler
Passport Case, $30.00 at Royce Leather Gifts.
For One Less Lonely Girl
Justin Bieber Doll, $20.00 at JustinBieberToys.com as well as Toys R Us & Target.
For Tea Drinker (me!)
Kusmi Love Tea, $15.50 for 20-bag box at KusmiTea.com.
For the Sexy Sweetie
Booty Parlor Perfume, $22.00 at BootyParlor.com.
For the Sensual Lover
Pure Romance Candle, $24.00 at PureRomance.
For Your SweetHeart
Sweethearts Jewelry Necklace, prices vary on style at SweetHeartsJewelry.com.
This past Trend Hungry Tuesday on PA Live! was all about gifts for your guy. Be generous and let’s treat the men this Valentine’s Day, but on a skinny budget. Don’t worry, they don’t look cheap and some even have special promo codes for extra savings.
Watch: PA Live!
Shop: Valentine Guy Gifts
Ladies, we need to get our gift-giving on! Here’s a few presents your man will thank you for. I’ll be on WBRE’s PA Live! showcasing these lovely gifts for a skinny budget.
1. Pajama Sutra – His and hers boxers, $49.00 at PajamaSutra.com.
Take Note: 20% off with code “Love 2012″
2. StunGlasses – Polar Opposites Set, $55.00 at StunGlasses.com.
3. Otter Creek Body Wash, $18.00 at OCreek.com.
4. Callet – Wallet Phone Case, $20.00 at Callet.com.
5. Personalized Gifts
- Money Clip, $25.95 at PersonalizationMall.com.
- Key Chain, $29.00 at 3LittlePixies.
Take Note: For 20% off use code “BE MINE”
- Travel Bag, $21.95 at PersonalizationMall.com.
Happy Valentine’s Day! Whether you’ve got a lover, love interest, are single, or are boycotting the whole holiday, you deserve a treat … and who knows how to spoil you better than you? Here are a few lovely gifts that say “I love me” without dropping much money. So spoil yourself.
P.S. All of the featured items fit a skinny budget and are on SALE!
For Love and Money
Fossil Studded-Heart Coin Pouch, Orig. $30.00, Now $8.99 at Macy's.
Steve Madden Aviator Sunglasses, Orig. $34.00, Now $24.99 at Macy's.
Heart on her Hand
Betsey Johnson Heart Stretch Ring, Orig. $35.00, Now $21.00 at Dillard's.
Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Care Kit, Orig. $9.99, Now $7.99 at Drugstore.com.
Tell yourself you deserve a little gift and don’t feel guilty. These items are on sale, remember?
So what’s your fave? Leave a comment, cutie!