Waiting and wishing for the perfect Valentine’s Day this year? I hope you’re planning on more than indulging in chocolate truffles and conversation hearts! Whether you’re coupled up or riding solo this V-Day, it’s the perfect chance to rock a cute and flirty mani! Break out your reds, pinks, hearts and sparkles, and with little creativity, you’ll have a romantic manicure that will have all your friends swooning a “Be Mine” <3!
So we all know the classic red manicure is always beautiful, but I think Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to shake things up a bit. So we searched the internet for some easy DIY’s for your digits!
1. Pink & Gold. This is similar to what Tracy Reese showed at this past NYFW. And, it’s something you can totally do free hand. Check out how Ivana Thinks Pink pulled it off! She did a video tutorial so stealing the looks is easy breezy!
2. Do Dots. To achieve dots on your digits, simply apply a base coat of red. Let your nails dry fully, then, using a a dotting tool (tooth pick or pointy Q-tip will do the trick), dip the end in a white polish (even White Out works!) and apply polka dots in any design you wish! Wait several minutes for the dots to dry to apply a clear top coat. Too cute! We found this look at Clothes, Cosmetics and Chat.
3. Seeing Pink. Check out this mani mix by Dressed Up Nails. It’s as user friendly as it gets, but still makes a statement.
4. Over-The-Moon-In-Love Mani. My personal favorite style may seem like the most intricate and challenging style, but even a nail-art newbie like myself pulled this one off with ease. The Beauty Department created this tutorial and they’re ultra fab for giving in-depth tutorials. It’s your basic half-moon mani, but with nails strips underneath instead of polish. Here’s the Trend Hungry tutorial on the half-moon mani.
Now that you’ve seen our faves, show us what you’ll be rocking this V-day! Comment and share your own marvelous manis or Instagram a pic and tag #trendhungry or @trendhungryblog!
Hi there and Happy Sunday! I just woke up (it’s after 1pm!) and SO needed that sleep. This week included filming a slew of TV segments, a blog seminar with the super-star blogger Meg of Mimi+Meg (also got to meet Lara of The Glossarie - love that site!), deep cleaning my apartment, missing my roomie/boyfriend – he was in LA for a few days, and dancing my booty off last night at a friend’s wedding.
Now that I’m caught up on sleep and missed yoga class (what else is new?), it’s time for me to share my top four reads of the week! Hope you like them and feel the urge to share with your fashionable friends – hashtag #4U2Read.
Image Via High Snobiety
1. Save money and DIY your manicure ( I haven’t had a mani in three years!). Here are some tools worthy of wanting/needing/buying. – The Glossarie
2. Virgin America is getting new uniforms by Banana Republic. My boyfriend just flew Virgin (relatively new airline to Philly) and they’ve already got cool lights, good music, and video games on your own little personal TV. - Fashionista
3. This next blog I just discovered and don’t love it for me, but for my boyfriend (sorry to type about him so much – I just missed him). It’s for men, but not metro men, guys that wanna look good, but sleek and not over the top. They’ve got a whole section just for sneakers. Check out these Batman Chuck Taylor kicks – I wouldn’t even be embarrassed to be seen with someone wearing these. - High Snobiety
4. What’s better than me linking to one of my favorite reads? Linking to one of my favorite blog’s favorite reads. Let’s get inside and see what they’re reading. The list includes an awesome interior makeover I’m really coveting - Mimi+Meg
Thanks for reading. Share using the hashtag #4U2Read and comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
Hey Trend Hungry readers! It’s Natalie from Fashionably Broke again, back to share the second item on our summer essentials must-have list, the best summer beach tote. And it turns out I like my beach totes like I like my hair. Okay, that happens to be a lie and this time it’s just a coincidence, but let’s just say it’s true for the sake of this post being cute!
I’m talking about my love of ombré. The dip dye effect of graduated color on really anything is a hit in my style diary these days. I crush over an ombré tote not only because it’s unique beauty, but because of how easily it pairs with so many of my summer outfits. An ombré tote is my perfect happy medium between a bold print and a neutral color.
Target is usually a great place to start for the price conscious fashionista, and they really proved me right when it came to beach totes this summer. So, my best summer tote pick is an Ombré Straw Tote ( please use this link for the tote from Target. But, I won’t argue with it if you so chose to splurge on the very similar Nantucket Ombré tote from Mar Y Soll.
If you missed last week’s summer essential you can check it out here, and be sure to stop on by Fashionably Broke today to see what Jessie advises for the best summer totes. What do you think of my pick? Comment below!
The denim vest is here to stay. It’s a look I’ve worn on and off since I was four, and guess what? It’s back again.
Wondering how to wear it? There are a ton of ways! Throw over a springy dress ( long or short). Pair with a fun mini skirt (leather, perhaps?). Or play it cool like Kim K. & Usher and stick to black and some sleek shades.
Dark denim, or light, it’s all on trend and all the options below are under $100…
Carly Rae Jepsen is resetting a trend I wore a lot in fifth grade thanks to the Spice Girls. If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my kicks… pumped up kicks, that is. Okay, enough song references. This pop singer is bringing platfrom sneakers back into action and it feels a little nostalgic.
The “Call Me Maybe” singer (guilty pleasure song!) paired the kicks with a leather mini and a flowing top. Gotta give it up for an interesting pairing that really works. Psst… Guiliana Rancic’s past stylist now styles miss Carly Rae (fun fact!).
Image Via The Kit
Tag: HOMG PLATFORM SNEAKER BLACK FLORAL, $64.95 @ Nordstrom.
Think you’re ready to add a little height to your step, sneaker style? All these pairs are under $100!
MTV award shows are my favorite. They’ve always got a fun vibe and good performances. The fashion isn’t always on point, but Charlize Theron’s look was a DO and you and do it too.
This peplum in red is a little more classic than trendy. Yes, peplums are hot right now, but a fitted red dress can go from season to season. It’s June and she wore it, but add some big bling and black heels for a holiday cocktail party. Wear it to a wedding or a hot date. It’s a special-occasion dress, but fits many occasions.
Here’s the dead ringer.
Tag: Aryn K Peplum Strapless Dress, $94.00 @ Piperlime.
And here are some pretty similar alternatives…
1. I am all about looking chic on the cheap. 2. I’m a lifelong skinny-budget fashionista. 3. I used to get all my school clothes at JCPenney and it’s still one of my favorite stores. 4. Getting a deal shouldn’t be stressful 5. That’s why I still find myself going back to JCPenney. 6. Check out my latest JCPFind!
It’s a sheer coverup and JCP was kind enough send me a gift card to snag this must-have item. I love it for many reasons, but here are a select few.
1. It’s goes with any bathing suit. 2. It allows me to showoff my suit while covering up. 3. It’s doubles for a night out. Add a bandeau top or a tank underneath and wear it with white skinny jeans.
Tag: St. John’s Bay Swimsuit Cover Up, Sheer, $20.00 @ JCPenney.
How would you wear it? With a bright bikini? As a mini dress? Comment below!
There are a lot of denim trends at the moment. White, brights, jeggings, wide-leg jeans, and now animal print … leopard to be precise.
I am dying for a pair. I just need them right now and can’t wait. This craving needs to be fed, but on a skinny budget (of course!).
Hope you like what’s on the menu! I think there’s a pair for everyone that wants this trend, including me.
Wet n Wild – This pair is not for the timid. I kind of want to wear these to a casino with my hair done real big.
Tag: Wet Look Leopard Print Skinny Jeans, $73.18 at ASOS.
Take Note: 4 is the smallest size available right now.
I Spy Sexy Spots
Tag: Tripp NYC Leopard Jean, $66.00 at Urban Outfitters.
Tag: Animal Print Zipper Hem Skinny Jean. $16.96 at Avenue.
Tag: Cheetah Jegging, $39.00 at P. Luca for Barami.
Take Note: It’s technically Cheetah, but looks close enough for me! Ohh, and FREE SHIPPING!
Girl, it’s all about rolling your trousers! The blogger from Men Repeller sports the look with jeans, and she’s quite fashionable, so I’m taking her cue.
Fab Fashion Blogger of Man Repeller Creating a Trend
If you want the look with jeans take an old pair of boot cuts and roll. Skinny jeans will work if they’re real skinny jeans, not jeggings that are skintight an leave a mark on your legs (my standard pant).
Now if you want the trouser look, which is what I’m really hungry for, Forever 21 has the look for cheap, as usual!
Foldover Waist Trousers, $27.80 at Forever 21.
Love color? Like standing out from the crowd? Of course you do, fashionista!! This trend is all about pairing bold colors.
DON’T: Wear holiday colors, crazy patterns (stick to solids), and no more than four colors total. The clown look is not fashionable!!
Celeb Sightings: Camilla Belle, Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba, Leona Lewis, Katy Perry
Wear with confidence and if you want to keep it tame, add neutral accents. Skinny budget color blocking is at Sears. Check out the line UK Style by French Connection. Yellow shorts and a purple top make for color block couture under $20.00.
Here are some other skinny budget picks for this bold and beautiful trend.
Tag: UK Style by French Connection Women’s Double Strap Tank, Orig. $9.99, Now $1.99. I repeat $1.99!!!!!! What?!?! I bought it for $3 and thought I got a deal … at Sears.
Tag: UK Style by French Connection Women’s Rolled-Up Shorts, Orig. $19.90, Now $14.99 at Sears.
Take Note: This model has the most visible goosebumps I’ve ever seen. Am I the only one noticing this?
I own the top and shorts and love pairing them with my Calypso St. Barth for Target wedges. Add a white blazer for a business-casual look or a chunky turquoise necklace for extra color.
Want to hear all about this trend? Head to Wired965.com or listen to Chio & Shila in the Morning on Wired 96.5!