I hope my NYFW photo diary kept your cravings at bay. Now, on to some backstage footage! I got to find out about a new product that Maybelline New York comes out with in November. Ever wonder who decides what manicure the models should wear? I had to ask and guess what else, the polish they used was only 4 bucks! There’s one more video coming soon, but for now get a glimpse backstage NYFW at Daisy Fuentes show for her Kohl’s Collection.
Waiting and wishing for the perfect Valentine’s Day this year? I hope you’re planning on more than indulging in chocolate truffles and conversation hearts! Whether you’re coupled up or riding solo this V-Day, it’s the perfect chance to rock a cute and flirty mani! Break out your reds, pinks, hearts and sparkles, and with little creativity, you’ll have a romantic manicure that will have all your friends swooning a “Be Mine” <3!
So we all know the classic red manicure is always beautiful, but I think Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to shake things up a bit. So we searched the internet for some easy DIY’s for your digits!
1. Pink & Gold. This is similar to what Tracy Reese showed at this past NYFW. And, it’s something you can totally do free hand. Check out how Ivana Thinks Pink pulled it off! She did a video tutorial so stealing the looks is easy breezy!
2. Do Dots. To achieve dots on your digits, simply apply a base coat of red. Let your nails dry fully, then, using a a dotting tool (tooth pick or pointy Q-tip will do the trick), dip the end in a white polish (even White Out works!) and apply polka dots in any design you wish! Wait several minutes for the dots to dry to apply a clear top coat. Too cute! We found this look at Clothes, Cosmetics and Chat.
3. Seeing Pink. Check out this mani mix by Dressed Up Nails. It’s as user friendly as it gets, but still makes a statement.
4. Over-The-Moon-In-Love Mani. My personal favorite style may seem like the most intricate and challenging style, but even a nail-art newbie like myself pulled this one off with ease. The Beauty Department created this tutorial and they’re ultra fab for giving in-depth tutorials. It’s your basic half-moon mani, but with nails strips underneath instead of polish. Here’s the Trend Hungry tutorial on the half-moon mani.
Now that you’ve seen our faves, show us what you’ll be rocking this V-day! Comment and share your own marvelous manis or Instagram a pic and tag #trendhungry or @trendhungryblog!
Hey Fashionistas! We know Sandy has got ya down. Those of us in her reach probably have a serious case of cabin fever and we’re ready to get out. It may be too wet and dangerous (depending on your location) but that doesn’t mean you can’t dress up. Here are three Halloween-themed blog posts by the Trend Hungry team.
In need of a quick costume? “Gangnam Style” is easy, fun, and very topical. Bonus: that blazer is on trend and will get more wear than just on Halloween! Or try this DIY on for size and become “Call Me Maybe”. These two music-inspired costumes are perfect for a last-minute look for Halloween!
Not ready to go all out? Celebs are going skeletal and these looks were not photographed today. These bone-showing looks are celebrity street style.
Here in Philly, we are on lockdown. Thankfully, we won’t be getting hit too hard. So what’s a girl to do while stuck inside? Well besides drink wine, play board games, and fight with your roomie, there are a ton things for you to do with your time inside. Here are 10 ideas team Trend Hungry recommends!
1. Purge old clothes. You’ve been meaning to cut down your supply of LBDs from Forever 21. Some of those were def only appropriate for dorm parties, not office ones. If your goods are in good condition, sell on Threadflip.
2. DIY your digits. Those nails can use a cool coat of polish. Maybe today’s the day to try polka dots or a half moon manicure (tutorial here).
With her ever-present frown and oversized head pieces, Suri Cruise is shaping up to be our very own real-life Blair Waldorf; and we couldn’t be more excited. Looking to take advice from a seven year old may seem a little out there, but when you have the best fashion at your fingertips, glamour begins at a very young age. OK, we can definitely count out shopping at baby gap and please stay away from kitten heels. Although those age appropriate categories fit Suri, let’s point out some of her more mature fashion selections.
1. There is no excuse for boring fingernails, ever. Suri rocks this adorable mani on one of her more casual days.
After a couple trips to NYC for Fashion Week, it was time to head back to Philly, where the Philadelphia Collection was just kicking off! I brought my boyfriend to the kickoff party on Tuesday and by Thursday it was my turn to play hostess at South Moon Under‘s Girls Night Out. It was a blast thanks to Philly Weekly (covered event/ sponsored), Andre Richard Salon ( free statement lips for guests), and DoorBella (offered free manicures!). Thanks so much to everyone that came out and showed support! The line was out the door and overall, a total success!
For more pictures check out what Andre Richard Salon posted on Facebook! Also, thanks so much to the lovely ladies of South Moon Under. Lots went into this event and I’m thrilled that I got to partner with South Moon Under and host such a fun event for the fashionistas of Philly!!
Ahh, September is busy for a fashionista. It’s New York Fashion Week. The VMA‘s are tonight (gotta see those crazy fashions). Tonight is also Fashion’s Night Out – I’ll be at the KOP Mall from 6pm-9pm, come visit! And next week is a big fashion week for Philly with The Philadelphia Collection, and the main attraction will be next Thursday at South Moon Under in Center City! Trend Hungry (Me!) will be there to offer expert styling tips, and the fun doesn’t stop there. All the fashionista favorites will be at this event: cupcakes, cocktails, mini makeovers and manicures, fun freebies, and of course, some great sales!
Needless to say, I’m pretty excited for the South Moon Under event! I hope you are too! It’s a great way to celebrate fashion with your gal pals and you get a taste of fashion week without all the craziness of NYC. Festivities start at 6pm, perfect for happy hour! So, will I see you there? Here’s the Facebook invite. Add yourself to the list and share it with all your fashionable friends! They’ll be forever grateful that you kept them in the stylish loop!
Tweet me! Can’t wait to meet at the event!!