Is Kendall Jenner the new "it" model on the scene?…
Like everything in life, we must learn from the past to prepare for the future. History repeats itself…over and over again, especially in the world of fashion. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend wasn’t just a song popularized by Marilyn Monroe but also the lifestyle of Elizabeth Taylor. With the premiere of Liz & Dick over the weekend (insert opinions on movie here), a Blast from the Past Style Lesson is well deserved. Elizabeth Taylor is a fashion icon who encompassed class, sexiness and confidence in everything she wore. Whether it was a pair of studs, a diamond necklace or a studded headpiece, Liz had an undeniable love for jewelry. Liz would match the elegance of diamonds in a casual outfit of capris, flats, head scarf, and shirt and sport the same jewels with a long flowing gown, kitten heels and fur shawl. Think twice before you step outside in a pair of sweats ladies. Elizabeth reminds us that class is a look that should be carried from day to night. No matter what time of day, you can never go wrong with a perfectly stenciled cat-eye, juicy red lipstick, and loose kept curls. Let’s take a glance at our favorite Elizabeth Taylor looks.
1. Turbans. Bad hair day approved. If you thought this trend was something new, think again. Liz shows that this trend can go from super casual to super chic in no time! A turban can finish the equation to the lazy beach bum or the red carpet diva. Here’s a video we made showing how to DIY your own turban by simply tying your scarf.
2. Official Pinup Girl. It’s true. Hair and make-up can really pull an entire look together. Loose curls are an easy hairstyle to accomplish- plus they don’t take attention away from your face. Dark brows, a perfect cat-eye, and a juicy red lip are classy and go with any outfit. Thanks Liz! Click here to watch how to pencil full brows.
3. Classy, Not Trashy. You don’t have to waltz around half naked to be get attention. One-pieces are and will always be sexy. Throw a floppy summer hat and shades into the mix and your retro Liz beach bum look is complete!’
4. Show Stopper. The #1 fashion motto- It’s always better to be overdressed than underdressed. This holiday season screams cocktail dresses and flowing gowns with fur shawls and coats…don’t you agree?
5. Diamonds Are Forever. Thanks Kanye but Liz knew this decades ago. You can never go wrong with diamonds. Liz looks sophisticated, classy and chic with her best friends. Jewels will make your entire look and mood sparkle!
You’re lucky. It’s #cyberweek and it’s never too late to be classy. Nose through these Elizabeth Taylor inspired styles and comment below. You know you want to!