DIY Olympic-Medal Manicure
The highly-anticipated Olympics are in full swing. You’ve probably already been watching the swimming and gymnastic events and have been wondering how to incorperate Olympic style into your look (I know I have!). Lucky for you (and me!) I’ve figured out an easy way that fits a skinny budget and I’m calling it the Olympic-Medal Mani.
It’s basically a half-moon manicure (super popular!), but with some patriotic-pretty polishes. Celebrity Inspiration – Rita Ora, Rihanna, Lauren Conrad, Dita Von Teese, Megan Fox, Kim Kardashian.
What you’ll need – hole punch stickers, three nails polishes – one metallic, one colored (try red, white, or blue for US team spirit), a clear top coat … and a semi-steady hand.
1. Polish your nails in the metallic hue. Do two coats and let dry.
2. Once nails are dry (must be very dry!), add whole punch stickers to the moons of your nails (lower circle lines towards the cuticles). Secure stickers to all 10 nails.
3. Add your second color. Start at where the end of the sticker is. Repeat for all 10 nails.
4. Let dry.
5. Peel off stickers.
6. Add a clear top coat.
7. Instagram your nails and tag me @trendhungryblog. Hashtag it too #olympicmedalmani
8. I’ll tweet it and we’ll be nail twins.
9. That’s all folks!
Simon Malls Style Setter, skinny-budget fashion blogger, and on-air style expert. Loves tea parties & window shopping.