Can you believe that it’s already the end of June? With temperatures rising to scorching, with a few days reaching into sizzling, summer is here and here to stay. With Independence Day this week, many of us (myself not included, unfortunately) are off to the beach for some tanning, swimming, barbecuing, and catching up with friends and family. While laying out in a bikini is fun for a while, sometimes you just have to put some clothes on.
Or you really should. Like when you go to a restaurant, regardless of how casual and beachy the atmosphere may be – please cover up ( Ashbury Park NJ now enforces no bathing suits on the boardwalk). Loose linen pants are the perfect choice for staying cool and comfortable at the beach.
You’ll be in good company, with everyone from Katie Holmes (sorry to hear about her divorce!) to Vanessa Hudgens rocking the summer style out and about. Pair your linen pant with a fitted tee and beachy waves for an effortlessly beautiful warm weather look. Happy Fourth of July!
Hi there! Jessie here. Today’s blog post is a little different than the norm. I usually blog about trends on a skinny budget, but today I wanted to catch you on me, the blog, and well, the journey I’m on thanks to Trend Hungry. A lot more went into it besides blogging, but I owe this baby my life, and I can’t even believe how much I love the blog and my readers!
So here’s what I’ve been up to.
1. Auditioning. As a little kid I dreamt of trying to make it and having to go on auditions (seriously!). I would pretend this as a kid and now I actually get to. I just had two auditions for hosting gigs. What I love even more is that even if I wasn’t pursuing this I’d watch these shows. My fingers are crossed and I’m honestly just honored to even got to audition.
2. I won a blogging gig! I’m now Simon Mall’s King of Prussia Style Setter. For the next six months I’ll be blogging for The King of Prussia Mall. I’ll be scoping out the sales, talking trends, and have a legitimate excuse to go to the mall. No complaints here.
Better TV Segment (Lto R): Emily, Kristen, Brooke, Jessie (me!), Kate
3. I’m national, baby! My first national TV segment filmed this past Wednesday in NYC for Better TV. It took close to four hours to get there (should only take 2!) and I ran the last ten blocks with bags of shoes in hand (traffic at a standstill!) to avoid being any later. Rough start, but taping went great and I hope to be booked again. I will definitely remember this for the rest of my life.
4. I’m a biz woman. I can’t believe I’m even typing this, but I am and I need to be. In this day and age you can’t just be the talent. You gotta wear all the hats (even the not-so-stylish ones) and get sh*t done. As Lucile Ball said “Want something done, ask a busy person.” This site is turning into more of a full-time thing – writing, managing contributors, getting sponsors, booking and planning TV segments. It’s my passion and it’s starting to become all I do. Let’s pray that it continues!
Well, those are all the main things. Other than that, I’m going to a blogging workshop soon, have a few entrepreneurial books on my to-read list, and am pretty obsessed with Wegmans (we just got one and they have the best eggrolls!).
Sometimes we care about who the girl behind the shades is, but most of the time, WE JUST CARE ABOUT THE SHADES! The most essential accessory for any time of year, are of course sunglasses. But it’s not just any time of year, it’s the summer!
Show the summer sun how pretty your shades can be by rocking colored sunglasses! Jessica Alba, Selena Gomez, and Katy Perry not only look adorable in their colored sunglasses, but fun, trendy, and kind of daring. Throw them on to add that perfect splash of color to any outfit!
Jessica Alba Image Via The Shady Side
They come in all kinds of shapes and colors. So, what pair suits your style? All the items below are under $25 and my favorite pair (similar to Alba’s) is under $2.50! Scroll though. Check ‘em out. Comment below!
Diamonds aren’t a girl’s only best friend. She also likes precious stones and really, any bling, especially the FREE kind.
I’ve partnered with Anjolee, an affordable retailer for luxe jewelry, to give one lucky reader a new pair of stud earrings in sterling silver with your gem stone of choice. These babies would retail for around $100, so this a prize well worth wanting!
About the Brand: Anjolee offers reasonable wedding sets, diamond earrings and other diamond jewelry among their fabulous and customizable selection. For the savvy shopper, this is a go-to destination for your luxe jewelry purchases.
How to win: There’s a few ways and each counts as one entry. Take your pick or try all four to up your odds. Winner will be announced on Monday, July 2nd! ** US residents only*
From prints to pastels and short to long, there’s a skirt to match all styles this summer. Summer skirts are a great alternative to your normal jean outfit and keep you cool at work. Take a look and get some inspiration from the list of this summer’s must-have skirts!
1. Colored Lace. Colored lace is a fun trend to try this summer. Try lace is a bold, fun summer color to increase the fun feel of the eloquent look.
3. Vintage-Inspired Prints. This skirt features a vintage inspired print. These skirts can be worn with a simple white shirt, since the print alone will catch your eye.
Tag: Floral Aura Skirt in Cream, $34.99 @ Mod Cloth.
4. Colored-Denim Skirt. Colored denim is everywhere right now. Jeans may not be the most summer appropriate clothing but this summer skirt is keeping the trend without that extra denim.
Tag: Color Denim Skirt, $34.50 $14.99 @ Delia’s.
5. Breezy White. Whites are so hard to keep clean, thankfully this summers trend include tans and cream. The crisp look will keep you light and airy without worrying about ruining the color.
Tag: Antonio Melani Patricia Pleated Skirt, $119.00 $41.65 @ Dillards.
What’s your favorite skirt for summer? Comment below!
Remember those jelly shoes you had as a little kid? They came in pink, purple, orange, and even had sparkly designs. If I saved my old pair, my eight-year-old self would fit in them, but my foot has grown a bit since then, as has my taste.
I still like that youthful vibe jelly shoes embody, but prefer the more chic styles the shoe is now available in. Jelly shoes are now wedges, flip flops with bows, and even come in flat forms with ankle straps – very on trend!
Celeb sightings include some of the most stylish ladies. Katy Perry, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Kim Kardashian have all been spotted looking juicy in jelly. Try the trend with rolled-up skinny jeans or one of your favorite summer dresses.
Hello, and happy Sunday! Hope you slept in and are smelling something amazing cooking in the kitchen. My boyfriend is whipping up who knows what, but I suspect it’s eggs (hopefully with goat cheese!). While you eat something delish on what’s hopefully your day of rest, here are a few fashionable reads I hand selected for you. Well, two include videos.
Summer is finally here and, as any good Grease fan knows, that means there are plenty of hot summer nights ahead. Whether you’re heading off to an island, interning in the city, summering in the Hamptons, or even just hoping to catch a glimpse of a Guido or Guidette at a Jersey Shore nightclub, you obviously won’t want to do it in some boring old dress from who-knows-how-many seasons ago.
This sequin dress lets you look hot without cutting too deep into your mojito budget! Pair it with a cute pair of heels and earrings, but leave your necklaces at home. The dress’s fun neckline is accessory enough and you don’t want to make the look too busy.
Sequins are big this summer, with everyone from Heidi Klum (in a fabulous blue sequined blazer) to Lucy Hale (in a fun demi dress herself) rocking them around town. Have fun, wear sunscreen, and stay safe – and fabulous!
The hottest months of the summer are approaching us (Philly just had a heat wave!), so it’s time to let your midsection breathe!!! The trendiest way to do so is to rock a cropped bustier! Cropped bustiers are so cute for the summer and can actually be versatile.
Singer Katy Perry likes to wear hers with an adorable mini skirt. Jordanna Brewster loves her cropped bustier with palazzo pants. Selena Gomez rocks the look in a dainty pattern, but this curtailed trend is also perfect with high-waist jeans, a maxi skirt, or even with shorts and a blazer or light-weight open cardigan. If you got it, flaunt it! And the best way to flaunt it this season, is by showing off that midriff with the cropped bustier!
All of these tops are under $50! Comment below and share your favorite!
Hey Trend Hungry readers! It’s Natalie from Fashionably Broke again, back to share the second item on our summer essentials must-have list, the best summer beach tote. And it turns out I like my beach totes like I like my hair. Okay, that happens to be a lie and this time it’s just a coincidence, but let’s just say it’s true for the sake of this post being cute!
I’m talking about my love of ombré. The dip dye effect of graduated color on really anything is a hit in my style diary these days. I crush over an ombré tote not only because it’s unique beauty, but because of how easily it pairs with so many of my summer outfits. An ombré tote is my perfect happy medium between a bold print and a neutral color.
Target is usually a great place to start for the price conscious fashionista, and they really proved me right when it came to beach totes this summer. So, my best summer tote pick is an Ombré Straw Tote ( please use this link for the tote from Target. But, I won’t argue with it if you so chose to splurge on the very similar Nantucket Ombré tote from Mar Y Soll.
If you missed last week’s summer essential you can check it out here, and be sure to stop on by Fashionably Broke today to see what Jessie advises for the best summer totes. What do you think of my pick? Comment below!