Happy Halloween! If you’re anything like me, you’ve thought long and hard over many creative costume ideas and STILL have no idea what the heck to be. This is for you, the indecisive fashionista on a skinny budget. Here are my top costume ideas that you can probably throw together with stuff you own or could borrow from a friend.
1. Cowgirl. It’s a classic and it can be as cute or as sexy as you’d like.
- An old pair of jeans that you can cut into daisy dukes, or a pair of ripped jean shorts you wore all Summer -they were so haute this Summer.
- One cowboy or cowgirl hat
- Plaid or flannel shirt. Try the plaid shirt from Target Trend Hungry recently featured.
- Cowboy boots
- A lasso if feeling feisty
2. Snooki. Yes, there will be a million other girls doing the Jersey Shore thang, but who cares. FIST PUMP!
- Bumpit or just tease hair
- Skanky dress, preferably in animal print
- Fake tanner
3. Tom Cruise in Risky Business. This one is super simple and everyone will know what you are, even if they live under a rock.
- Men’s white dress shirt
- Dark wayfarer shades.
That’s it! I also recommend wearing shorts under the shirt, so you don’t get mistaken for the walk of shame.
Ingredients: Toilent Paper, and lots of it.
5. Flapper. With Boardwalk Empire being such a hit embrace the roaring ’20s.
- Skirt or shirt with fringe
- Red lipstick
- Red nail polish
- Embellished headband
- String of pearls and a fun attitude.
Hope these cheap fixes help your Halloween dilemmas. If you like this post feel free to send me Halloween candy or simply leave a comment.