Fashion is fun. Duh... Haha. Okay enough of stating the…
So, you’re one of the lucky ones that gets to go to heaven-ahem, I mean, Coachella this year. Lucky you!! Once you get over the initial excitement (ok maybe that won’t happen), you need to start planning what to bring! Usually a stressful task is now going to be 10 times easier, because I’ve complied the 11 must-have items to bring on your trip to Cali.
1. Sunblock and hat. Seriously. Do not forget your sunblock! It is so crucial to remember to apply and re-apply block throughout the day. Your skin is your biggest and best asset, so you better protect it! Sunburn does serious and lasting damage to skin, and causes all sorts of problems including sunspots and premature aging (aka wrinkles, so please please please protect yourselves, you’ll thank me later. Start in the morning with a moisturizer with SPF in it. I love this Say Yes to Cucumbers Daily Moisturizer because of it’s calming effects, so it will feel extra good on skin after days in the sun. Throughout the day, continue to apply a good sunblock, like California Baby Sunblock Stick. The stick form is good for high temps, it won’t run or streak!
If you want to look extra cute while protecting your face, get an adorable floppy sun hat like this one from Nine West! Protection from the sun never looked so good!
2. Sunglasses. The ultimate festival accessory and another key item to protect yourself. Your eyes need just as much protection from the sun as your skin, and sunglasses will be your best (and pretty much only) form of protection. Snag a few cute pairs and play around with different looks. I like these, and these, AND these! All under $5!
3. Sneakers. The only reason why I am suggesting sneakers (or a closed toe shoe) is a.) They will stay on your feet and b.) they will protect your feet! Unless you plan on running around barefoot, your best bet it to get a cute pair (like these for $12.95 at h&m) to add style and functionality to your festy look. It’s no fun being in a crowd of people and getting your toes stepped on!
4. Backpack or fanny pack. While a bag is fairly important to have with you, a purse is only going to get in your way. You’ll need a bag that stays put like a cute drawstring backpack (we LOVE this fun floral Roxy bag)or a funky fanny pack (they’re making a comeback, I swear! Look how cute this one from Urban is!
5. Dry Shampoo. We can almost guarantee that your hair is going to need serious love during Coachella. Whether or not you’ll care what it looks like is another story. To quickly put some oomph back in your tresses, spray hair evenly with dry shampoo, disperse with fingers and keep on dancin’.
We recommend: Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo
6. Baby wipes. Or what I like to call miracle wipes. Since they are intended for use on a baby’s sensitive skin, they can be used on your body and face to freshen up throughout the day without causing any irritation.
7. Sundress. Quick, easy, cute and comfy: recipe for the perfect go-to festival outfit! Top it off with a cute belt, some accessories, and your sunnies and you’ll be good to go! Absolutely loving this LC Lauren Conrad Chambray Fit and Flare Dress!
8. Favorite tee. Everyone has one. Your one and only. Your ultimate go-to. Your gotta have it. That one tee (tank, shirt, top, whatever) that you can’t live without, or even feel comfortable without. (Mine happens to be the favorite tee from Gap). Bring this along to wear at any point during your trip, it’ll make you feel good and keep you comfy.
9. H2O. Never underestimate the power of hydration! Since you’ll be exposed to sun and heat all day (and doing lots of dancing), you’ll need to be drinking way more water than normal. Not only will it keep your energy levels up and body temps down, but it’ll keep your skin hydrated.
10. Camera!! Seems like a no brainer, but make sure you remember one of these so you can capture the memories. If you’re an experienced photog and want to shoot the festival on a professional level, then by all means bring your fancy cameras. If you’re like me and have trouble keeping track of things, opt for a (few) disposable camera(s). I always think they take the best photos!
11. Hair Ties. These ribbon ties are cute enough to wear around your wrist, and gentle enough to tie back hair sans a a major dent. That way you can have your hair up then down again. They’re only $1.50 at Sephora!
Comment below with your favorite!